October 15-21, 2012
Be a part of the Week Without Violence. Help us eradicate violence from homes, schools, workplaces and our neighbourhoods. Join YWCA Toronto in our efforts to stop violence.
Attention high school students in the GTA - IT'S TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE!
Make a video using your cell phone, video or digital camera. Create a clip that is 3 minutes or less that describes what you, your friends or your school is doing to end violence against women and girls.
PRIZES TO BE WON!
Winner receives $500, Runner-up $250
The winning school will be invited to the YWCA Elm Centre to present their winning entries during the Week Without Violence, October 15-21.
Please be sure to include the following information at the beginning of your video:
• your name
• school's name
• phone number
• email address
SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO VIA DROPBOX
1. Create a user account at www.dropbox.com/register
2. Create a folder and label it Week Without Violence and then upload your video
3. Select the Week Without Violence folder and click "Invite to Folder" and enter firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your entry
1. Upload your video into the Public folder
2. Right-click the Public folder, then choose Dropbox and then Copy Public Link. This copies an Internet link to your file that you can then paste into an email and send to email@example.com
Through education, art, empowerment and action YWCA Toronto, in concert with YWCAs across the country and the world between October 15 to 21, 2012 will spread a message of peace and non-violence, welcoming communities across the city to host and participate in free events.
Lise Schofield, Marketing and Communications Manager