YWCA Employment Focus is a free 10-week program that helps women on Ontario Works prepare to enter or re-enter the work force. We know the struggles women face – and we help women overcome them.
What does this program offer?
- vocational assessment
- life skills
- computer skills training
- business communication skills
- opportunities to reconnect with personal interests, values, skills and abilities through self-testing and reflection
- training in the nine essential skills needed for the workforce
- one-on-one counselling to develop a personalized career goal and employment action plan
- ongoing and post program support, individual mentoring, coaching support and/or placement opportunities
Additional support available through Ontario Works:
- transportation funds
- funds for personal grooming and clothing
Who is this program for?
- women receiving Ontario Works
Please call for program dates.
Who do I contact?