YWCA English Language Skills Development (ELSD), formerly LINC, offers no-cost English classes to women.
What does this program offer?
- friendly classes where women learn language needed in everyday life to help with tasks from renting an apartment to buying groceries
- a comfortable, women-only space
- no cost child-minding for children 6 months to 6 years of age
- qualified and experienced instructors
- guest speakers, social events and class field trips
- computer-based language training
- conversation circles to help improve pronunciation and communication skills
- English testing to make sure students are placed in the right class
- TTC fare for eligible participants
Who is this program for?
- women over 18 years of age who speak little or no English and are permanent residents or convention refugees
- women who have completed an ELSD assessment
Schedule of classes
Levels 0-3 Monday to Friday 9am-noon
Levels 3-6 Monday to Friday 9am-2:30pm
Who do I contact?
Beverly Justin, YWCA ELSD Coordinator
LinksYWCA JUMP (settlement support)
Skills Development Centre
Women's Employment Centre