YWCA Toronto offers a free support program in south Scarborough for mothers 14 to 22 years of age. In the Teen Mothers' program, we offer opportunities to build positive parenting skills and access to resources that support mothers on their parenting journey.
What does this program offer?
- regular group meetings and check-ins with program worker and childcare staff
- workshops on positive parenting, budgeting, nutrition
- healthy meals and snacks
- encouragement and ongoing support from staff and other mothers
- child-centred activities for children that enhance development
- activities for mother and child to interact
- home visits, ongoing telephone and in-person counselling
- career guidance
- referrals to community resources
- guest speakers
Who is this program for?
- mothers 14 to 22 years of age
Every Tuesday, 4:30-6:30pm 4139 Sheppard Ave. E
Every Thursday, 4:30-6:30pm 3090 Kingston Rd. Suite 101
Who do I contact?
Amy Brooks, Program Worker