YWCA Toronto offers a range of free parenting programs at the YWCA Family Support Centre in Scarborough. The Centre is a valuable resource for parents and caregivers whether looking for parenting information and services or struggling with a serious issue.
What does this program offer?
- workshops and information on positive ways to parent and care for children
- information on child development
- workshops to assist caregivers help children with stress
- tools to teach children through play, songs and stories
- information on healthy ways to discipline children
- TTC fare, snacks and childcare are available for some workshops and programs
- referrals to community resources for parents/caregivers
- telephone parenting support
Mom and Baby
A weekly program for mothers with infants. Learn about play, songs, nutrition and self-care.
Three week video and discussion program that addresses basic parenting skills.
A parenting program to help parents manage difficult behaviour with children ages 2-12 years.
Kids Have Stress Too!
Three week program that helps parents identify and assist their children with daily stress.
Seven week program that encourages positive and co-operative parent/child relationships.
Who is this program for?
- parents, grandparents, caregivers
Resource Room hours
Monday to Friday 9-12pm
Program workers are available during this time. Workshops are offered throughout the week and on weekends. Please contact us for the schedule.
Who do I contact?