YWCA Toronto Choices for Living is a free program for women living with mental health challenges. Choices for Living is a support group where women meet to talk about common problems and create a shared community. With the support of program facilitators, women help each other find positive paths through challenges.
What does this program offer?
- opportunities for women to broaden their choices and build coping skills
- a space where women can connect with others in an atmosphere of acceptance and non-judgment
- support to help women get the most out of their group experience
- information to help women make decisions about their mental health and well-being, including resources and referrals
- an approach that focuses on women's strengths and abilities
- a safe place to practice building supportive relationships
Who is this program for?
- are dealing with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and low self-esteem
- are feeling isolated and struggling to cope
- may have a psychiatric diagnosis
- are interested in giving and receiving support
We have two ongoing groups on Wednesdays and Thursdays from September to June.
Wednesday mornings (women under 50 years of age)
Black Creek Community Health Centre
North York Sheridan Mall
2202 Jane St. (at Wilson Ave.)
Thursday mornings (women over 50 years of age)
Driftwood Community Centre
4401 Jane St. (at Finch Ave.)
Who do I contact?
Dawn Philips, Program Worker