YWCA Toronto’s Breakthrough program offers free support groups to women who have been abused or harmed by other kinds of violence.
What does this program offer?
- a place where women can explore how abuse/violence has affected their life
- a safe learning environment where women may try new ways to grow and heal
- opportunities for creative self-expression in a community of women
- a space where women can connect with others in an atmosphere of acceptance and non-judgment
- support to help women get the most out of their group experience
- information to help women make decisions about their safety and well-being, including resources and referrals
- childcare while women attend group
We currently offer the following groups:
Imagining New Directions: for women who have experienced childhood sexual abuse or incest
Healing Through Expressive Arts: for women who have experienced violence or abuse
Stepping into Connection: an open group for women who may be new to group support and who have experienced violence or abuse
Creating Safety and Possibilities: for women dealing with the effects of intimate partner abuse
Who is this program for?
- have experienced violence or abuse
- are interested in working towards their goals in a supportive group environment
- want to work with the arts, focus on connecting with the body
Groups run in three 12-week cycles: January-March, April-June and September-December.
The program is offered at various sites in West Central Toronto and South Scarborough.
Who do I contact?
Carol Barrett, Program Worker