YWCA Here to Help is a free 12-week parenting program in south Scarborough for children 4-16 years of age and their mothers who have witnessed and/or experienced domestic violence. We help children and their mothers through the healing process.
What does this program offer?
for children (age 4-16 yrs)
- opportunities to learn problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- a comfortable, compassionate, safe place to talk about the cycle of violence and share feelings
- art and craft activities, games and stories designed to build self-esteem and safety plans
- weekly group meeting with healthy snacks
- a place to share stories in a non-judgmental environment
- information and support
- positive ways for dealing with the challenges of parenting children who have witnessed abuse
- ongoing, regular telephone contact with program staff
Who is this program for?
- children 4-16 years of age who have witnessed women abuse and their mothers
Who do I contact?
Maria Palma, Program Worker